Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Goodbye

I was thinking of you and how much I've been missing you.

I was thinking of you and how much I wanted to talk to you again.

I was thinking of you and how much I wanted to reach out.

I was thinking of you and how much I wanted to ask for your forgiveness. 

 

And then, 

this happened… 

 

You went away and I wasn't aware.

You went away and nobody told me. 

You went away and I couldn't even say "goodbye" to you.

You went away and we couldn't catch up.

 

Now you're gone and I can't have a word with you anymore.

Now you’re gone and I can't have a coffee with you ever again.

Now you're gone and I don't know if I would've gotten your forgiveness.

Now you're gone and I can't call myself a friend of yours.

 

Dear Fatima,

Whose name in Arabic means «Unique»

You were most definitely unique.

You were a really good friend to me.

I am very sorry for what I did to you.

 

Now,

I'm going to let you rest in peace.

 

بارك الله فيك يا فاطمة! أتمنى أن ترقد بسلام أخيرًا ، ويسامحني الله على خيانتي!

 

 

 

 

By Miss Santée

 

No comments:

Post a Comment