Monday, July 5, 2010

Quisiera Ser

I'd Like To



I’d like to make
Poetry like
Pablo Neruda,
Octavio Paz,
Gabriela Mistral,
Julieta Parra,
And much more…

I’m nothing
Compared to them.
I’m no-one
Besides them.
I’m a mortal,
Who’s not even behind them.

I use plain words
To write nonsense phrases.
They use only words
To write magical rhymes.

I barely speak Spanish,
My mother language,
And this is in English,
Shame on me.

The fortune,
The fate,
The muses
Have they laughed at me?
Would I ever be great?
Would somebody remember me?
Would I ever be known?

We’re all concerned
About life after dead,
Want to know how make it
Once you’re gone?

Have many, many
Friends as you can,
Because,
They’d be the ones
Who’d tell your story.

So,
Be nice,
Be kind,
Be gentle,
Be soft,
Be warm to them.

And hopefully…

They will mention
Your name and your story
More than once.

1 comment:

  1. ya tengo avanzado tu encargo...jajaj es MI culpa q este poema no tenga imagnes...pronto las tendra...

    ReplyDelete