Friday, December 23, 2011

A Kiss, A Frog, No Prince

My heart pounds
Again.
Kissed another frog,
Turned out to be a frog.
I didn’t cry when I found out,
But great sorrow fulfilled my soul.

Frogs never change,
They remain frogs.
Princes are princes,
Those are the ones
I should aim to.

This frog
Was so kind, sweet and tender.
Really fooled me,
Trapped me in his game.
He deceived me,
Made me believe he was a real prince.
I was blind by his charm
And truly thought I’ve found
The one,
The prince charming
Every girl dreams about.

Now I see,
I kissed a frog
And remained as a frog.
Had the manners of a prince,
The look of a prince,
The words of a prince,
The enchant of a prince,
But was no prince at all.

I hope I’ve growth,
Learned about princes and frogs.
Fairy tales
Are full of magic and fantasies
Those not always happen in real life.
Be wise little girl.
You can read them,
But never switch off your brain.
Use your prudence.
It’ll guide you on the right track.

Remember
You don’t have to kiss frogs
In order to find your dreamed prince;
Becasuse there's no spell in him
And he'd be already a prince.


Frogs will always be frogs.

1 comment: