Sunday, August 8, 2021

Just because

  Just because I’m a woman that was born in Honduras

Doesn’t mean I’m uncultured,

Doesn’t mean I’m not polite,

And doesn’t mean I’m a tramp.

 

Just because I’m a woman that has a curvy body

Doesn’t mean I want to hear your so -called “complements”,

Doesn’t mean I’m here to please your twisted desires,

And doesn’t mean I have to stand your attitude towards my body.

 

Just because I’m a woman that has fibromyalgia

Doesn’t mean I can’t dream big,

Doesn’t mean I can’t work hard

And doesn’t mean I’m not capable.

 

Just because I’m a woman that has a bipolar disorder

Doesn’t mean I can’t make decisions,

Doesn’t mean I can’t have clear thoughts,

And doesn’t mean I won’t achieve my goals.

 

Just because I’m a woman that has some issues,

Why would I stop pursuing my ambitions?

Why wouldn’t I have the control of my life?

Why couldn't I be strong?

Just because I’m a woman that has some issues.

 

 

 

 As a part of the evaluation in the class 'Intro to Literature', we had to make 4 poems.

This is the first one.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment