Sunday, August 8, 2021

My self-portrait

Yeah, I know I’m pretty,

For sure, I love make-up. 

Yes, I’m a little vain,

Hence, golden I wear.

 

I know I’m short and petit,

What a great excuse to wear heels!

I know I’m smart and have witt

Such great innate talents to keep!

 

Even though, some illnesses I have,

I am skilled enough to look for the answers,

To formulate the right questions,

And to crack a good joke.

 

I might lack Superman strength,

But the Batman willingness I possess.

I know I can achieve my goals and beyond,

If I trust myself as Wonder Woman does.

 

As the control freak that I am,

I cannot leave this poem without telling you more about me.

I love to write as I was taught.

I love to read as I once learned.

I love to dream as my inner self discovered.

 

And for sure I’m going to live

As however the heck I feel like to.

P.S. by the way,

I love lavender, but hate the flower.

 

 

 

 As a part of the evaluation in the class 'Intro to Literature', we had to make 4 poems.

This is the second one.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment