Sunday, August 15, 2021

A Sonnet

                            On the shore

On the beach, without a doubt my worries I forget.

My body and brain have a break from the city blast.

On my face, my soul draws a big smile silhouette.

Being here is like eating at a fancy five-star breakfast.

 

Outside on my own, I feel free, even more,

and the vastness of the ocean, reminds me that I am tiny.

I’m watching the waves crashing on the shore,

and I hear them roar like lions almighty.

 

Without restraint the wind blows, but I cannot follow,

Because I can’t fly as the seagulls high up in the sky,

Thus, for my heart, it’s a hard pill to swallow.

 

My dear shore, in a way, I was yours and you were mine.

I wish to stay longer; I don’t want to go.

And I could die a hundred times, but you’ll forever be in my mind.

 

 

As a part of the evaluation in the class 'Intro to Literature' I had to write a third poem, a sonnet:
"Think of something in nature that inspires you and write a sonnet following this rhyme structure: abab cdcd efe ghg."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment